Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thumbprints + Workshop and "They"

As I sit here my fingers can't help but google about the wedding photographers that inspire me.  Not just through their images through their determination.  While looking back on their older blog post I recognize where they have been, where I am now.  I have a knot in my stomach constantly reminding to push, think, research, figure out where is the road that will take me where I want to be. I like instant gratification, things can never happen fast enough for me.

 "They" say, and those of you who know me know that I want to meet "They" because "They" have all the answers.  But "They" say checking your email to much makes you impatient in other areas of your life.  Well, I'm a email checker, there is always a little suprise in there, I love suprises.  Mabey thats why I'm impatient but, I'll work on that, narrow it down to a couple of times a day....mabey three, or five times.

Next weekend is a big weekend for me. My photography workshop will be next Saturday and I'm very excited to share my knowledge of the camera.  Most responses have been "why are you wanting to teach other people what you know?"  Because I'm not afraid, I'm know who I am as a photographer and that has nothing to do with the camera, well kinda sorta but you get my point.  Although, I'm always looking for ways to improve because I don't want to ever be stuck, the world never stops changing so neither should I,  I would be left behind. 

My photographs have my my thumbprint, other photographers have their thumbprint.  You could line up 5 different photographers and I could tell you who took what.  It's just like getting dressed, we have shirts, pants, shoes but your not going to get up and put the same outfit as mine we don't dress the same just as photographers will not photograph a person or a wedding the same way.  My photos have my personality in each and everyone, my relationships that I build with people help me photograph their personality, my emotion to the situation moves me to press the shutter button and that is why no one can copy me.  You may go to the same places I use, but our photographs are going to different everytime.

I would like to thank everyone who is coming, I'm very excited to know that you want to hear what I have to say.......I think I might have worn Shane out.  He says that I haven't, but it will be nice to have fresh ears.  Now, off to the reality of laundry, cleaning and cooking!   Oh!  I also want to thank Melissa Cook she will be catering our lunch...she always has different yummy meals. Funny her last name is Cook!  Happy Sunday!

No comments: